Friday, February 23, 2007

TGIF

This week has been full of ups and downs.

One moment I'm asking myself, "How do I think I could ever be a teacher?"

Another moment I'm loving this whole teaching thing.

This week felt like there were more downs than ups. I started helping with the track team this week, and that's been fun.

I feel like I have not been "connecting" with students the way I want to, and that is one of the toughest parts.

Today I called home parents of students who are failing, and had a really frustrating experience with a father who basically told me the reason his son is failing is because I'm boring and "uninspirational," basically, because I'm not my supervising teacher. He did thank me for calling, however, as did the other parents I contacted.

Either way, it was a conversation full of hard words, and I'm trying to process it.

Thank you Lord for Fridays!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're lucky you're not my friend- a dad got in a fight with her and her husband because his daughter didn't get a gift from the cheerleaders. She ended up getting in the way of the dad and her husband and she got punched in the mouth. Crazy parents!