Thursday, June 12, 2008

School's out for the summer...sort of

The heat has become bearable again. On Tuesday night there was a crazy thunderstorm. Our lights kept flickering, and thousands of people lost power, possibly for a few days. I guess around here it stays humid and hot until the thunderstorms break the heat. The storm was in and out within a number of hours, and the weather is more pleasant (still in the upper 80s).

Tomorrow is my last day of substituting! That's a cause for celebration. But more importantly, tomorrow is Michael's Commissioning Ceremony. It's sort of like Graduation, in that they wear a cap and gown, and go through the motions of a graduation, but they are not receiving a diploma, yet, because they still have to finish this summmer term, plus another summer term, plus the classes and the internship in the fall. But I'm really looking forward to it because Michael was nominated by his classmates to give a speech, and it's going to be great! (I know he's nervous but seriously, I have so much confidence that everyone will be touched by his words). I felt a little badly about it because I may have sort of guilted him into accepting the nomination, but it's only because I knew he'll have the right words to say. So honey, good luck tomorrow! Break a leg! Knock 'em dead!

No comments: