Wednesday, December 17, 2008

There's no place to go...

This week we have been stuck inside every day. Not only because of the snow storm, or the "Arctic Blast," as the local news channels are labeling it, but because our household all came down with the flu at the same time.

We've been watching a lot of movies, eating a lot of chicken noodle soup, ginger ale, and saltines, and feeling cooped up inside.

We had our computer in the shop for a few days, and so I haven't been able to post any pictures.

Last week I turned 26. To some of you, that sounds young. But to me, I am feeling old! I used to think I would have all of my children before I turned 30. Well, the way things are looking I doubt that is going to happen. And, that's ok. My plan is not the Lord's.

Michael threw me a party for my birthday. My friends came over and we played games, ate pizza, and had the ever-important ice cream cake. He took me out to lunch and we went shopping to get a few items for Rwanda, including a new backpack and a new coat from REI. I had to work on my actual birthday (I believe that's the true sign of becoming an adult), so Michael made me my birthday pancakes and a birthday white chocolate mocha. It was a great birthday and I felt so loved. Now I'm just old. :)

No comments: