Sunday, September 24, 2006

Friends

This week I've had the opportunity to hang out with a few friends from different parts of my life. On Tuesday Michael and I hung out with a good friend from college who I was also on summer staff with for two summers. He told me sometimes he reads my blog, which shocked me because I didn't know anyone did, and so I thought I'd give him a shout out. You know who you are!

Then on Friday I got to see a really good friend from my very first summer on summer staff. She was my "twin" that summer. EVERYONE called us by each other's name, and we were just super close! I haven't seen her since my wedding, (which she sang in) and it was fun to see her and her husband of just over a year. She's one of those people that although we don't talk super often, I know we will always have a special in each other's hearts, and every time we see each other it's just like where we left off.

On Friday I also spent time with another summer staff friend from a different summer. It made me realize that some of my closest friends, or at least meaningful and life-giving relationships began at Twin Rocks.

To top it all off, today I spent time with a close friend from college. I haven't seen her in quite a while. Her and her husband are raising financial support right now to head to Tanzania soon to work with a Bible Translation organization and to work in an orphanage. I was soooooo blessed by our conversation and the few hours we spent together. God is so obviously guiding their steps toward this lifetime ministry in Africa. I came to tears repeatedly as she shared how God has been faithful through all the doubts, fears, changes.

I have had many experiences where I've been blessed with meeting and befriending Godly people. I am learning that I am pretty bad at keeping in touch with people, but I try. And I'm learning that I can't keep in touch with every single person that I want to, but that through these every-once-in-a-while meetings I can experience a little more of the community that we are created for. I am so thankful for friendships where God blesses me through others.

No comments: