Sunday, September 17, 2006

Priorities

Maybe it's because I'm now in the world of education (as a career), but I've found myself really worked up about how much money ISN'T spent on education, and is spent on other priorities in America, such as fast food, military, and pets (to name a few).

I am loving my classes and found myself actually thinking to myself the other day, "I can't imagine myself NOT teaching." I feel like God has continued to stir in me a passion for working in a high school setting, working with students and faculty that have so many needs: emotionally, spiritually, educationally.

All this to say, I read this quote the other day and couldn't have said it better myself:

"It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."

Thoughts?

No comments: