Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blah!

I hate being sick.

I hate it even more when my husband isn't around to take care of me.

I'm sick and Michael's out of town.

Waaaahhhh!!!!!!

Yesterday I had to leave school because I was feeling shaky and cold and feverish. I had to go talk to my professor and tell her I wasn't feeling up to class, and as soon as I walked into her office I started balling! I was so embarrassed because I couldn't stop.

I got home and went straight to bed, where I was still crying, shaking, and freezing for the next hour and a half. I was sort of freaking out, because I felt so weird. I started calling people, but no one was answering their phones. I don't know what I thought anyone could do for me, but I called anyway.

Finally I got ahold of a friend who came over. By the time she got there I had finally stopped shaking. Well, I went to bed last night feeling better, and then woke up at 3am and the whole thing happened again: shaking, freezing. So I got up, made some tea, and laid on the couch for a couple hours.

Needless to say I called in sick to school today, even though it was supposed to be the first day at the middle school where I will be teaching a unit in a few weeks.

I'm feeling better tonight, though still weak. A lot of my symptoms remind me of when I had mono for a week in high school, although in that case I was hospitalized for a week, and I'm not that bad.

Tomorrow I have to go to school and then leave early to make it to the Portland airport. I'm flying to Fresno, California where Michael flew yesterday for a wedding. The busyness never ends.
Hopefully I'll get some good sleep tonight...

No comments: