Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Thankful

On Wednesday night we checked our email and received our first financial update regarding our fundraising for Rwanda. I have never had to raise financial support for anything like this before, so this is all a new experience. I shared in an earlier post how I have been a bit intimidated by the process. In fact, for a long while Michael and I had been searching for a job/internship that would specifically not require getting support. But here we are in the middle of the process, and now I'm getting to see the other side of the coin, the part where I get to see God working, not only in our lives but in the lives of so many who are feeling led to support us both financially and prayerfully.

I don't know if I can really articulate how I felt as we looked over those first numbers, except to say that I was awed. Truly. I am humbled and so grateful. The generosity and support from friends and family this soon after sending out letters brought me to tears. Not to mention the numerous emails and inquiries from many more indicating a desire to support us.

We are so blessed to have a community like we do. Thank you.

Michael posted a thermometer to track our funds progress over the next few weeks and months on our other blog. Check it out!

No comments: