Friday, September 21, 2007

Scare

This morning I woke up and was having some weird symptoms for the pregnancy. It's one of those times where everything could be totally fine, or it could be the beginning of something really bad. So, I got a little worried.

After waking Michael up and talking about it, I got back in bed. I laid there crying for a little while, and praying. I have thought lately about how many people have miscarriages that don't deserve it (not that anyone ever does), but there are always stories of couples who are so loving and caring and would be amazing parents, and for some reason can't get pregnant, or keep having miscarriages.

And as I lay there praying, I found myself pleading with the Lord. Because really, who am I to think that I should be so special as to have everything just turn out wonderful? A lot of God-fearing people have big heartaches everyday. So I found it difficult to know what to say to God. I mostly just asked him to protect my baby, but His will be done.

I called my doctor's office and the nurse staff suggested I get my blood drawn today and again on Monday. Thankfully our health insurance check cleared today, so we are officially covered and good to go.

I HATE getting my blood taken. Michael left work early and came with me. Now we just have to wait until next week to make sure everything is ok. Meanwhile, I just have to monitor myself and rest. Oh yeah, and work for the next five nights in a row.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I can understand your concerns! It happened to me with all three boys...especially with Sam! We will be praying that all is still going well (I'm sure it is!)
Blessings!

nate and lissa said...

We'll be praying for you guys! We are going through a similar situation, but you are right God's will be done!
blessings on you and your baby!

love,
the forbes

Krista said...

If you have weird symptoms at work will they let you go home? 'cuz if you feel them coming on you should if you can. For some weird reason sometimes exertion causes issues.
I'm not trying to scare you and I'm praying for you, just a thought.

LeAnne_Troyer said...

Hey there I just read your blog Melissa. Jeph and I are both praying for you...we really hope it all works out for you!! No matter what happens we are here for you guys.
We've gone through a loss 3 different times and it's not easy. I believe that God always has a plan!!!! Just know that and trust it!!! Lots of love and prayers,
LeAnne(and Jeph too)