Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a "blah" day for me.

I can't explain it, I just felt blah. We slept in and Michael made me breakfast. I didn't really feel like going to church on Mother's Day. As I've said before, in so many ways I'm doing really well. And granted, there are a few other things going on in our life right now that added to how I was doing emotionally that day. But I just felt like staying home and spending some time with Michael. So we stayed in.

I found myself thinking about all my friends and family who have suffered some kind of loss or miscarriage, or even those friends who are currently "trying" and frustrated. To others we may not "count" as being mothers yet, but the day holds meaning to us, too.

To you I want to say, Happy Mother's Day. Our time will come.

3 comments:

Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...

At church yesterday, the pastor asked the mothers in the congregation to stand up and prayed for them. Then he prayed for the women who have had miscarriages, or cannot conceive, or want to conceive but can't because of timing or whatever other reasons. It was nice for the rest of us who aren't yet mothers to be prayed for as well. So, yes, our time will come, and I expect that everything between now and then will be worth it.

Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

Thanks Melissa...your post meant so much to me. :) I can't wait to share our pregnancy stories with each other. :)