Saturday, September 20, 2008

Then and Now

One year ago today I was in shock.

One year ago today I felt that a part of my heart was missing.

One year ago today I was lying in a hospital bed, in a town I had been living in for only a couple weeks, awaiting an open time slot for surgery.

One year ago today I couldn't stop crying.

One year ago today my expectations changed.

One year ago today Michael and my relationship was strengthened.

One year ago today I had questions without answers.

One year ago today I was trying to understand.

One year ago today I discovered the importance of having a strong support system of family and friends.

One year ago today I found myself relying on Christ, because I didn't know what else to do.

One year ago today we lost Baby Chapman.



One year later I am hopeful.

One year later I am healing.

One year later I am still waiting.

One year later my expectations keep changing.

One year later my husband is still my best friend.

One year later I still have questions, but am at peace with not having all the answers.

One year later I realize I may never fully understand in this lifetime.

One year later I am thankful for friends and family, and getting to be close to some of them here in Oregon for a little while.

One year later I have to daily trust the Lord about our future, and must be patient and wait for His Perfect Timing.

Today, I am remembering our loss. Today, I am looking forward to the future.

1 comment:

Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

This is so beautiful!! Your right God has perfect timing and His timing is is the best! It's hard to wait but it's all worth the wait;) We are still praying for you guys..just know it only gets better!