Thursday, April 12, 2007

The job hunt

I graduate in 31 Days!!

Today I had my Mid-Semester evaluation meeting with my University Supervisor and my 2 teachers at the high school. It'd say it went well. My teacher even said he wishes I'd be around to be in the job pool-a social studies position is opening at the school for next year-but knows I am focused on the possibility of moving to PA. I took that as a compliment. I feel like if we weren't leaving I would be OK finding a job somewhere, since that's the second place that has expressed direct interest in me.

On the other hand, I am worried about finding a job in Philadelphia. I've sent in applications, and kept a daily eye on the job postings (there are very few compared to Oregon), so we'll see.

One of the social studies jobs I found is at a high school in downtown Philadelphia, with a 90% African-American population. And we're talking inner-city kids. Much different from Salem, Oregon, to say the least.

Am I ready for that???

No comments: