Friday, April 20, 2007

Possible Job Lead?

I can't talk. Literally. My voice is gone. I've been having to whisper for the last few days. Yesterday I had to stay home from school, because I had no voice.

The only reason I went to school today is because I knew was going to be observed by the Principal this morning. And, that went really, really well!! He had nothing but positive things to say. I made a copy of his notes and brought them home to post on the fridge. :)

On another note: The job hunt continues. Michael has been emailing a contact person at Eastern University who we were also told may have advice about teaching jobs in the area. Well, after a few emails back and forth, he recommended a school that his kids attend. As I have been doing research, I have found that private and charter schools are a HUGE part of the school system in Pennsylvania. I had been focusing on the public school websites and job postings, and haven't had a clue where to start looking for private schools.

Well, after spending a lot of time browsing a ton of school websites, based on this contact's recommendation, I checked out the website of this Christian school, and they have TWO high school history positions. Not only that, but one of them is specifically for US history and Government, which is EXACTLY what I'm teaching right now.

On top of all that, I just had this real sense of peace as I looked at the website and the school details. Michael and I both have this sense of peace about this, whatever that is worth. I emailed the contact person and am hoping I may be able to meet with someone while we're in Philadelphia next week.

Another plus, this school is pretty close to Eastern, and is outside of Philadelphia.

So, if you think about it, please pray that God will continue to guide us/me in the job search.

No comments: